LED street lights have numerous benefits for communities, including increased safety, light pollution and energy reduction, and cost-effectiveness over the long-term. In some instances, however, the conversion to LED street lights can be challenging, particularly when the look and feel of a neighborhood is unexpectedly impacted. This is sometimes complicated by a mixed ownership structure where some of the street lights are owned by the utility and some are owned by the municipality.
Elevate supports municipalities and utilities in the planning and implementation of smart street lighting by:
- Providing street lighting inventories
- Assisting with the selection of appropriate upgrades
- Managing energy efficiency incentives
- Quantifying the environmental benefits
- Conducting stakeholder outreach and education
- Working closely with key stakeholders to create an inclusive community engagement process