We are working together to support our communities. Here’s our page of resources to help during COVID-19.
On March 16, Elevate Energy moved all staff to work remotely and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. If you need to reach us, please reach out directly to staff or contact us to get in touch.
Contractors and Small Organizations
Elevate Energy and our partners established an emergency loan fund and are working with disadvantaged small contractors to bridge this period of work stoppage so that they can continue to pay their employees and stabilize their businesses. Our Contractor Accelerator program is continuing to operate virtually. If you have questions about the program please visit our webpage or contact Eya Louis at via email. More resources for contractors and small organizations are listed below.
- The Management Center published this page of resources to help your organization plan and react in response to COVID-19.
- The City of Chicago has established the Chicago Small Business Resiliency Fund, which will provide small businesses and nonprofits with emergency cash flow during this health crisis. Funds will be provided to eligible businesses as low-interest loans.
- To provide additional individualized support to our neighborhood businesses, Chicago's BACP has created Small Business Resource Navigators, professionals trained by the SBA to help business owners navigate the resources available to them.
- Chicago Community Loan Fund created a resource guide to help small businesses navigate the myriad of grants, loans and other resources available from public and private sources. Resources are updated and added regularly.
- Cook County is administering the Payroll Protection Program (PPP), a forgivable loan for businesses, nonprofits and 1099 workers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Illinois Small Business COVID-19 Relief Program provides vital economic support to small businesses and nonprofits throughout Illinois to help overcome the loss of revenue they are experiencing.
- Federal small business loans are available from the U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) to businesses affected by COVID-19.
Tenants and Building Owners
Elevate Energy and our affordable housing partners are working to establish an emergency fund to help tenants and building owners during this pandemic. We are also assisting our senior population with deliveries of food, water, and essentials during this time. Our partners Preservation Compact and CIC have created a comprehensive guide of resources for Illinois building owners and tenants during the COVID-19 pandemic, including bill payment options and housing assistance programs.
We understand that everyone is being affected differently by COVID-19, and that everyone will respond differently as well. To care for all of our people, we are sharing these additional resources.
- Organization leaders can learn best crisis communications practices from these Insights and Ideas from the CDC’s Crisis Communications Handbook.
- Illinois Extension educators have cultivated a set of free materials to keep learning going while students are at home.
- Chicago Public Schools District is providing grab-and-go meals at schools throughout the city. Each school district has its own meal program; check your school district’s website or call your district office.
- Chicago Public Schools will be distributing 100,000 digital devices to students to support e-learning. To learn more visit CPS's website.
- Many internet providers are offering free/low-cost internet options to eligible homes that do not have internet access.
- Talk with children about COVID-19 with the guidance of this article, and engage with kids through this interactive activity.
- Emotional reactions to this emerging health crisis are expected. Remind yourself, your family, and your friends that feeling sad, anxious, overwhelmed, or having other symptoms of distress such as trouble sleeping is normal. For support and help call 311 or NAMI Chicago Helpline 833-626-4244 for a mental health counselor. Bright Star Community Outreach also has a helpline at 833-TURN-123.
- Anyone in need of food assistance can turn to the Greater Chicago Food Depository’s network of agencies and programs. Locate a site near you. These sites are modifying their distributions to promote social distancing, including offering pre-packaged boxes of groceries.
Federal, State, and Local Government Communication Updates
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
How can we help?
Contact us by filling out the form below.
Learn More Today