The Construction Analyst will focus on providing technical support for energy and water efficiency projects throughout the Midwest region. This individual will be a part of Elevate Energy’s Construction Team in the Technical Services and Building Technology department. This position involves supporting projects throughout the project process, including energy assessments, contractor walkthroughs, bid solicitation, scope of work review, contractor coordination, and quality oversight for work completed.
The position is based in Chicago but does require travel across the Midwest.
The Construction Analyst will report directly to the Manager of Construction Services. They will also serve as a technical reference and provide project management support to Elevate Energy’s Energy Analysts and other program teams as needed.
- Provide technical support for scope development
- Review contractor proposals, designs, and specification drawings for energy and water projects
- Conduct building site visits to inspect contractor installations related to energy and water efficiency upgrades
- Management and coordination of contractor relationships and performance
- Coordinate with building owners regarding scheduling, contractor installations, and inspections
- Coordinate with Manager of Construction Services to resolve contractor issues, owner complaints, and construction problems
- Support Elevate Energy’s contractor vetting process and performance monitoring
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Minimum of five years of related work experience in general contracting and/or construction
- In-field construction/installation experience required
- Experience in developing and reviewing project scope of work
- Experience in mentoring or supervising tradespeople or contractors
- Working knowledge of weatherization measures and HVAC systems
- Experience in health and safety and/or single-family housing preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Experience with a CRM, such as Salesforce, or construction management software preferred
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Vigor and desire to learn new processes and technologies
- Attention to detail and documentation
- Ability to manage numerous tasks and responsibilities
- Valid Driver’s License
We design and implement programs that lower costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please apply through Indeed.
No phone calls, please.