Elevate Energy seeks a Contracts Manager that will be responsible for managing Elevate Energy’s contract administration process and workflow coordination with legal counsel. This role will support creating, negotiating, managing, and executing contracts for our programs and operational teams.
The Contracts Manager will serve as a key role on our leadership team, reporting to the COO, and work closely with Elevate Energy’s Finance, Programs, and Executive teams to ensure consistency of approach, scope, rates, and financial portfolio management, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Manage the approach, workflow, timeline, and communications for timely contract execution
- Coordinate with program staff on contract scopes, including translating budgets, deliverables, and proposal language in contract terms
- Assist project managers in developing the necessary project planning and tracking approaches to ensure grant and contract compliance, including providing guidance on work plans, project performance and goals tracking, and reporting, especially for required grant compliance reporting
- Coordinate with Elevate Energy’s Accounting team on short- and long-term financial performance requirements for grants and contracts, including rates, contract financial goals and metrics, invoicing and payment terms, and overall financial portfolio requirements; ensure contract input from Elevate Energy staff is consistent with these expectations
- Coordinate as necessary with foundation program managers
- Act as a liaison between client and vendor contract leads to address the contract management process, templates, and timelines
- Align and optimize resources available to team members to improve creation, review, execution, and compliance of contracts
- Review, revise, negotiate, and implement agreements; agreement types include service agreements, subcontractor agreements, NDAs, amendments, MOUs, LOIs, and purchase order terms and conditions
- Provide support, guidance, and insights to Elevate Energy’s other related processes, including responding to RFPs, drafting proposals, and strategic planning
Risk and Compliance
- Provide contract documentation to Risk Management as requested for legal inquiries
- Assist external counsel with contract resolution
- Ensure accuracy and uniformity (via templates, common language, and consistent processes) of contracts drafted for vendor signature
- Coordinate as necessary with Elevate Energy staff on contract compliance needs, including the support of training and reporting requirements
- Partner with internal management and/or external counsel to develop and improve contracts and the associated risk management strategies related to Elevate Energy’s agreements
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required; legal or paralegal background is a plus
- A minimum of five years of demonstrated experience overseeing contract management
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address real-world issues based on contract and/or program guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Process-oriented team player with demonstrated ability to work under pressure
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to focus on critical priorities with minimum supervision
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please apply through Indeed.
No phone calls please.