The Energy Analyst will be responsible for the identification and technical analysis of energy savings opportunities for a wide range of buildings, including single-family residential, multifamily, and commercial nonprofit buildings. The Energy Analyst will interface directly with building owners, maintenance staff, contractors, and property managers in the field and will coordinate very closely with the internal Technical Services team.
The Energy Analyst is a member of the Engineering team, reporting to the Director of Engineering.
- Perform energy assessments of residential multifamily housing and/or nonprofit commercial space
- Identify energy savings associated with potential upgrades
- Gather and process field data using a Salesforce-based data collection process
- Produce energy assessment reports according to program guidelines
- Work with building owners to recognize the value of upgrade recommendations, assist with incentive applications, and drive projects to completion
- Communicate with contractors and participate in construction oversight as necessary
- Contribute to other Elevate Energy efforts as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in building science, engineering, construction management, and/or energy management
- One or more years conducting energy assessments and/or site inspections
- Knowledge of residential and commercial construction and building systems
- BPI (Building Performance Institute) Building Analyst, HERS Rater (Home Energy Rating System Rater), CEA (Certified Energy Auditor), or BEAP (Building Energy Assessment Professional) certifications are strongly preferred
- Energy auditing (in-field) experience is required
- Prior building science or construction knowledge is required
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address real-world customer issues based on pre-defined program guidelines
- Experience providing technical support to property owners, property managers, contractors, developers, and other project partners
- Must be able to pick up new concepts quickly, take initiative in addressing unforeseen obstacles, and ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- A demonstrated attention to detail
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the Chicago region
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Access)
- Proficient in advanced MS Excel and can perform data manipulation, e.g., Pivot Table, Arrays, VBA and Macros, Dynamic Charting and Dashboard, etc.
- Proficient in the following energy modeling software: Energy Plus, eQuest, or Trane Trace; able to build and calibrate energy models of new and existing buildings with complex architectural and mechanical systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with customer relationship management systems (Salesforce) is a plus
- Experience working with utility energy efficiency programs is a plus
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume to .
No phone calls please.