The Energy Specialist serves as a member of the Engineering Team and holds the primary responsibility of conducting energy and water assessments and calculating energy, water, and financial savings to support a variety of utility programs and projects. General duties include conducting energy assessments, determining areas for improvement of energy efficiency, taking measurements, assisting in the development of scopes of work, performing data analysis, and producing assessment reports for clients. The Energy Specialist will also support the Engineering and Technical Services Teams in completing other requirements to meet annual energy efficiency retrofit goals. The Energy Specialist will interface directly with building owners, maintenance staff, contractors, and property managers in the field, and will coordinate closely with the internal Technical Services Team.
The Energy Specialist reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Perform energy and water assessments of commercial, multifamily, and public buildings
- Identify energy- and water-saving opportunities
- Gather and process field data using a mobile application data collection tool
- Produce energy assessment reports according to program guidelines
- Support Project Leads who will drive projects to completion
- Contribute to other Elevate Energy efforts as required
- One or more years of experience conducting energy assessments and/or site inspections
- Bachelor’s degree in building science, engineering, construction management, and/or energy management
- Familiarity with multifamily residential and commercial construction and building mechanical, lighting, and electrical systems
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), or Building Energy Assessment Professional (BEAP) certifications preferred
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address real-world customer issues based on predefined program guidelines
- Ability to pick up new concepts quickly, take initiative in addressing unforeseen obstacles, and meet tight deadlines
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the Chicago region
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically performing advanced data manipulation in Excel (e.g., pivot tables, arrays, Visual Basic for Applications, macros, dynamic charting, dashboards, etc.)
- Knowledgeable in energy modeling software, such as Energy Plus, eQuest, or Trane Trace
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with customer relationship management systems (e.g., Salesforce) preferred
- Experience working with utility energy efficiency programs preferred
- Bilingual abilities a plus
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate Energy, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate Energy employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Energy Specialist” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.