Green Energy Outreach Coordinator
The Green Energy Outreach Coordinator will build relationships with community leaders, organizations, and small businesses with the goal of engaging individuals on saving energy and money at home while connecting them with green jobs in their communities. The goal of this role is to implement a grassroots community engagement strategy to ensure residents of low-income and environmental justice communities have access to the information they need to make smarter energy choices about gas/electric scams, energy efficiency options, renewable upgrades, and demand response programs. The Green Energy Outreach Coordinator will be based out of Carbondale, IL and will report to the Associate Director, Community and work in close collaboration with the Associate Director, Workforce Development. This position is available for one year beginning at the date of hire.
- Implement and accountable to a metrics-driven outreach plan
- Work closely with Elevate Energy’s Communications, Outreach, and Workforce Development teams to coordinate messaging across programs
- Well-versed in the range of programs and activities of the organization
- Lead and direct constituent engagement, including outreach to individuals at community events and house parties
- Organize community meetings, events, and training sessions
- Hold meetings with community leaders to inform them about program offerings
- Establish relationships with small solar businesses and carefully track the progress of efforts
- Engage key stakeholders including, but not limited to, local elected officials, community leaders, and solar companies
- Recruit, manage, and train local volunteer teams
- Connect energy efficiency and solar businesses to people who’ve graduated from FEJA job training programs
- Learn and stay abreast of current energy policies, programs, and trends and their impact on local community
- Identify barriers to participation for small businesses and low-income residents and communicate them to internal Elevate Energy teams to find creative ways of overcoming them
- Follow up with interested contacts to encourage their participation in relevant program(s)
- Maintain timely data entry and data integrity
- Other activities as required
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required
- Passion for environmental issues, economic and social justice, and/or energy efficiency
- Willingness and ability to become well-versed in residential energy use, including smart grid technologies, dynamic electric pricing, energy efficiency technology, solar energy, and building science
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, comfort in speaking to large groups and facilitating small group discussions, and excel at one-on-one interactions
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and political beliefs
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong organizational ability and experience in meeting established goals within tight timeframes
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and remotely as well as within a team
- Familiarity with standard business computer applications; experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems a plus
- Ability and willingness to motivate individuals to take action regarding their energy usage and engaging with new technology and programs to assist with this; prior experience in sales or organizing a plus
- Familiarity with downstate Illinois area, its communities, community organizations, and leaders a plus
- Familiarity with energy efficiency upgrades or residential construction a plus
- Access to reliable transportation for travel required across Illinois; concentrated in Southern Illinois
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most. At Elevate Energy, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate Energy employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Program Manager, Income Eligible” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.