Human Resources Director
The HR Director will maintain and support a unique culture while building and executing HR strategies, policies, and procedures that enable the organization’s growth plans. The HR Director will have responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting, employee relations, benefits/program development, performance management, and partnering with the Finance and Accounting team on payroll and benefits.
The HR Director reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer of Elevate Energy. The HR Director will also work closely with and support the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Program Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, and other members of the senior leadership staff.
- Responsible for listening to, evaluating, and investigating employee relations issues and determining appropriate action on behalf of the company and the employee
- Consult with leadership team members to effectively respond to issues
- Partner with managers to recruit, motivate, and engage employees and resolve issues
- Resolve complex human resources problems, questions, and concerns
- Review and analyze data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and the employee experience
- Evaluate and make recommendations for compensation programs
- Oversee and evaluate benefit programs, including plan design and contribution recommendations, employee communications, and program implementation
- Respond to and investigate all harassment/discrimination complaints, document findings; ensure both company and employee needs are addressed and work to create a positive outcome
- Develop, recommend, and implement personnel policies and procedures and ensure consistency in application of policies and procedures and compliance with governmental regulations
- Participate in developing HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- Manage and administer the employee performance management processes
- Bachelor’s degree required in HR, business, or related field preferred
- Professional in Human Resources® or Senior Professional in Human Resources®certification desired
- Experience in a company with 100-200 employees
- 10+ years HR management experience in a nonprofit organization
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Dedicated service orientation (to staff, management, business partners, etc.)
- Ability to become a trusted advisor with staff and management
- Strong presentation skills
- Business writing skills
- Project management and/or business process development and implementation experience preferred
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
This is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your materials through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Human Resources Director” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.