The HVAC Specialist will focus on providing technical support for energy and water efficiency projects throughout the Midwest region. This individual will be a part of Elevate Energy’s Construction Team in the Technical Services and Building Technology department. Primary responsibilities include providing support for HVAC projects throughout the project process such as assessing current building conditions, determining appropriate recommended measures, developing scopes of work, soliciting bids, providing oversight of work, providing technical assistance as needed for projects, and assisting with contractor coordination responsibilities.
The position is based in Chicago but will require substantial travel across Illinois. The HVAC Specialist will be responsible for other related duties, as required. The HVAC Specialist will report directly to the Construction Services Manager. The HVAC Specialist will also work closely with our team of construction staff, analysts, and project and program managers in the multifamily, small multifamily, nonprofit, and new markets initiatives, as well as other staff.
- Provide technical support for scope development
- Review contractor proposals, designs, and specification drawings for energy and water projects
- Conduct building site visits to inspect contractor installations related to energy and water efficiency upgrades
- Manage and coordinate contractor relationships and performance
- Coordinate with building owners regarding scheduling, contractor installations, and inspections
- Coordinate with Construction Services Manager to resolve contractor issues, owner complaints, and construction issues
- Support Elevate Energy’s contractor vetting process and performance monitoring
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant trade training/apprenticeship and certifications preferred
- Strong understanding of HVAC systems required
- Strong understanding of building construction required
- In-field experience with specification, design, scope development, installation, and/or servicing HVAC equipment in commercial /multifamily buildings required
- Building systems energy auditing experience preferred
- General contracting or working directly with managing contractors required
- Ability to problem solve and move projects through to completion
- Desire to learn new processes and technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to be given instruction and follow through with production
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Familiar with Excel/Microsoft Office required
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software such as Salesforce or Construction Management Software preferred
This is an Exempt position.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please apply through Indeed.
No phone calls please.