Illinois Solar for All Project Coordinator
The Illinois Solar for All Program (ILSFA), directed by the Illinois Power Agency and administered by Elevate Energy, aims to deliver the benefits of solar and the clean energy economy to low-income and environmental justice communities across Illinois. The ILSFA Project Coordinator will perform work to support the development and implementation of the ILSFA Program. In this role, the ILSFA Project Coordinator will work across functional teams, shared services, and external partners to support the management of solar vendors and solar installations and ensure program requirements and participant benefits are met with every project. The primary focus of this role is to enhance team effectiveness by providing high-level administrative and project management support across diverse project tasks and program services. This position requires administrative knowledge, project management skills, flexibility, and the ability to manage time effectively between a diverse set of tasks and teams.
The Coordinator reports directly to the ILSFA Project Manager within the ILSFA team. The ILSFA Project Coordinator may support and take direction from other managers and functional teams conducting work related to the ILSFA Program.
Program Delivery and Production
- Support the ILSFA Project and Program Managers in coordinating project schedules, monitoring budgets, and tracking achievement of ILSFA program milestones and deliverables
- Manage communication data via Salesforce and the ILSFA website; help ensure data is complete and that data processes are followed; generate performance and ad-hoc reports to monitor program progress and quality
- Coordinate with Outreach and Call Center teams to facilitate ILSFA Program communications and activities, including maintaining awareness of program requirements, benefits, and processes relevant to each customer and stakeholder type
- Assist with the development and maintenance of ILSFA marketing and communications materials, including the program website, press releases, blog posts, program materials, etc.
- Support stakeholders in the creation and dissemination of training materials for vendors as well as assist with training events for various program stakeholders
- Find opportunities to gain and maintain expertise in current solar topics and literature
- Develop technical skills related to the design of solar and community solar systems, financial models, and business models to provide an increasing level of technical assistance to program stakeholders
- Contribute to other ILSFA Program efforts as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional education in solar development preferred
- Three to five years of work experience in any combination of the following:
- Project coordination
- Solar development
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Working knowledge of solar design tools such as Helioscope, System Advisor Model, Aurora, or similar is helpful but not required
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address team issues and willingness to be a flexible team player, adapting to priorities as needed
- A demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
We design and implement programs that lower costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to .
No phone calls please.