The responsibility of the Marketing Coordinator is to increase participation in the organization’s administration of smart grid programs. Primary tasks include developing and executing marketing plans, supporting strategic relationships, writing compelling content, testing new strategies, and finding opportunities to promote the programs. Additionally, the Marketing Coordinator will support other organizational marketing and outreach needs as they arise.
The Marketing Coordinator reports to the Associate Director of Marketing.
- Work with managers to develop and/or implement strategic marketing and communication plans for Elevate Energy’s smart grid programs
- Assist in the creation of marketing materials, including brochures, bill inserts, direct mail, online ads, presentations, and case studies to articulate the benefits of our programs
- Duties will include analytics, tracking campaign progress, developing various digital marketing materials, and handling general digital marketing activities
- Interpret customers’ behavior and suggest creative ways to increase brand awareness
- Proactively identify and seek out opportunities to present on Elevate Energy’s smart grid programs
- Work with passionate existing participants to create testimonials and otherwise support them as evangelists for our programs
- Create and place sharable content about Elevate Energy’s smart grid programs in places such as groups’ newsletters, websites, and online forums
- Track and analyze data to evaluate effectiveness of marketing efforts
- Travel regularly within the Chicago region and have the ability to work occasional nights and weekends
- Support strategic relationships with community leaders, industry organizations, and affinity groups to run mutually beneficial promotional efforts
- Advocate internally that all teams solve for the customer (e.g., you are their biggest fans within the company and understand that their success and happiness mean our success and happiness)
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least one year of experience in marketing or advertising
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing tools
- Experience with research methods using data analytics software
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office and web analytics
- Proven ability to manage and move forward multiple project priorities with minimal supervision
- Creative thinker with strong writing skills and the ability to simplify and summarize abstract ideas
- Detail-oriented, process-driven, and able to use data to make decisions
- Excellent relationship building, networking, and presentation skills
- Comfort giving presentations to unfamiliar audiences
- Experience using social media to recruit new customers and build brand loyalty
- Passion for Elevate Energy’s mission
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but is not a required qualification
This is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Marketing Coordinator” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.