Nonprofit Program Coordinator
The Nonprofit Program Coordinator will support the development and implementation of Elevate Energy’s services for nonprofit organizations, including energy efficiency assessments and retrofits, assistance with utility incentives, water efficiency upgrades, and renewable energy applications. The Coordinator will apply their relationship management and customer service skills to assist nonprofit organizations with implementing efficiency upgrades. The Coordinator is responsible for supporting day-to-day operations and coordination across internal departments within Elevate Energy to deliver high-quality efficiency services to nonprofit organizations. A successful candidate will have familiarity with applicable utility energy efficiency programs and energy efficiency technologies, strong organizational skills, and be comfortable reaching out to nonprofit organizational leadership.
The Nonprofit Program Coordinator is a member of the Energy and Sustainability Programs team and reports directly to the Senior Manager of Nonprofit Programs. The Nonprofit Coordinator will work with other teams across Elevate Energy.
- Conduct on-site visits with engineers and technical team to determine energy-related opportunities and build relationships with nonprofit stakeholders
- Participate in close-the-deal meetings, assisting organizations in determining how to proceed with recommendations and effectively follow-up with organizations to move projects forward
- Assist nonprofits with the application process for utility incentives through ComEd, Nicor Gas, Peoples Gas, and Northshore Gas
- Stay up-to-date with utility incentives and other potential programs that support nonprofits in completing energy efficiency upgrades
- Process grant applications as applicable and follow grant-giving procedures; assist in the development of new grant and financing options as they arise
- Make follow-up phone calls to nonprofit organizations on potential energy efficiency projects
- Communicate effectively with nonprofit organizations and Elevate Energy’s technical staff to develop scopes of work for recommended energy efficiency measures
- Work with nonprofit organizations and other stakeholders in retrofit projects, assisting with project management and moving organizations through the program
- Conduct intake and eligibility screening for interested nonprofits
- Works with Elevate Energy’s communications team to raise awareness, develop materials, and maintain web presence of nonprofit energy efficiency offerings
- Maintain relationships with outreach partners to promote recruitment of nonprofits into efficiency programs
- Manage program metrics and data systems
- Maintain CRM records with new customers and ongoing projects
- Work with technical and QA/QC teams to maintain and improve program quality
- Help develop protocols to continually improve the program
- Evaluate best practices and apply to nonprofit energy programs
- Write and review portions of reports and communications materials that raise awareness of nonprofit energy efficiency
- Support business development opportunities, including the creation of presentations and proposals
- Support the Nonprofit Program Manager in the development of new program offerings, such as new financing mechanisms and renewable energy opportunities
- Assist with project management, such as invoicing and other tasks as needed
- Assist with funder management and reporting
- Contribute to other Energy and Sustainability Programs team and Elevate Energy efforts as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in energy and/or environmental sciences, engineering, nonprofit administration, or related field
- Additional education or experience in the energy or nonprofit field preferred
- One to three years of experience in nonprofit, utility, or other related work
- Basic understanding of commercial building energy systems and technologies
- Familiarity with local commercial utility incentive programs
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations and their leadership preferred
- Ability to stay up to date with multiple, often changing, program requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with nonprofit leadership and stakeholders
- Experience with grant and contracts management helpful
- Project Management experience helpful
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM program helpful
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Focus on quality and customer service
- Ability to coordinate several ongoing projects and balance priorities to meet deadlines
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Willingness to be a flexible team player, adapting to priorities as needed
- A demonstrated attention to detail
- Passion for Elevate Energy’s mission
This is an Exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Nonprofit Program Coordinator” to find the position listing.
No phone calls please.