The Office Manager will be responsible for the general operation of our office. Duties will involve greeting visitors, answering incoming phone calls, purchasing office supplies and taking proper inventory. In addition, they will make sure that the building and services meet the needs of the staff. The Office Manager will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Oversee general office operation
- Act as the primary contact with building management
- Train new employees on multiple office procedures, alarm system, and manages office and staff keys
- Liaise with vendors to order and maintain inventory of office supplies
- Greet visitors, answers a high-volume of incoming phone calls and delivers world-class service to our customers and staff
- Purchase office supplies and equipment and maintains proper stock levels while adhering to a fixed office budget
- Handle electronic meter, distributes incoming mail and maintains yearly postal permits.
- Perform accounts receivable duties including processing invoicing, submitting check requests and credit card reconciliations
- Oversee IT’s credit card reconciliation reports
- Monitor performance of office equipment, coordinates office repairs, and executes equipment audits
- Maintain adequate parts inventory and order items as necessary
- Lead implementation of new building projects
- Ensures compliance with all safety and security protocols
- Supervise cleaning staff and coordinates activities with building management and staff
- Ensure basic facilities, such as water and heating, are well-maintained
- Maintain staff monthly kitchen duties
- Develop and implement office processes and policies
- Manage driving staff memberships (Carshare/Enterprise)
- Oversee Elevate Energy’s parking spaces
- Manage staff traveling service websites (AmTrav)
- Maintain office seating chart and allocates new staff desks
- Support quarterly board meetings
- Oversee building projects, renovations or refurbishments
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles and basic analytic skills
- Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations
- Ability to solve problems in standard situations
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate Energy, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate Energy employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Office Manager” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.