The Paralegal is an integral part of the small but mighty Legal, Risk and Compliance (LRC) team, and focuses primarily on creating, negotiating, managing, and executing contracts for Elevate Energy’s programs and operational teams. The Paralegal oversees the administrative functions of the LRC team, including ensuring compliance with legal requirements applicable to Elevate Energy such as collecting and issuing certificates of insurance and reporting on lobbying activities. Additionally, the Paralegal works closely with Elevate Energy’s Finance, Human Resources, Programs, and Executive teams to ensure consistency of contracting approach and compliance with contractual and legal requirements, as well as continuous improvement of the LRC function needed to meet the dynamic needs of the organization. The Paralegal reports to the General Counsel.
- Review, revise, negotiate, and implement agreements, including service agreements, subcontractor agreements, nondisclosure agreements, grant and subgrant agreements, amendments, and purchase order terms and conditions.
- Coordinate with project managers on contract scopes, including ensuring that budgets, deliverables, and other relevant terms are accurately included in agreements.
- Assist project managers with project planning and tracking processes to ensure grant and contract compliance, including providing guidance on work plans, project performance and goals tracking, reporting, and providing input on risk assessment and mitigation plans.
- Develop and manage Elevate Energy’s legal, compliance, and risk databases, including entering and maintaining all necessary information, overseeing the legal request system, and performing other administrative duties as needed, including compliance reporting.
- Provide support to project and program teams responding to requests for proposals (RFPs), including input on drafting proposals and review of RFP terms.
- Perform legal research as needed and draft necessary policies and memos.
- Coordinate with Elevate Energy’s Accounting team on short- and long-term financial performance requirements for contracts and grants, including ensuring input from Elevate Energy staff for contracts is consistent with Accounting’s requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent experience; two or more years of demonstrated experience in a legal or similar setting preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot and correct errors; a belief that little things matter
- Excellent communication skills
- Outstanding research and writing skills
- A can-do attitude; excited to learn new things and take on new projects
- Passion for providing excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently and maintain focus on priorities, escalating as necessary
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- High proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in Salesforce preferred
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate Energy, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate Energy employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Paralegal” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.