Program Manager, Contractor Development
The Program Manager, Contractor Development will oversee the development of minority-, women-, emerging small businesses (MWESB) as well as disadvantaged-, and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business/Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB/VOSB) contractor businesses in the growing clean energy economy across the state of Oregon. The Program Manager, Contractor Development will identify, develop, and connect diverse energy efficiency contractors to opportunities available in the Energy Trust of Oregon (Energy Trust) Trade Ally Network, and coach contractors through the process of becoming a recognized trade ally. The ideal candidate is well-versed in the needs, challenges, and opportunities for MWESB contractors and can effectively partner with community-based business service providers externally, as well as internal teams, to support the growth and development of contractors. Additionally, this person shares lessons learned with the internal and external stakeholders to inform future work in this space. The Program Manager, Contractor Development reports to the Associate Director of Workforce Development and works closely with the Senior Project Manager of the Elevate Oregon office. This position will be located in the State of Oregon.
- Work with community-based organizations and stakeholders to identify and recruit diverse energy efficiency contractors for participation in the Energy Trust of Oregon (Energy Trust) Trade Ally
- Oversee the development of a state-wide MWESB/SDVOSB/VOSB contractor network and provide business development support in energy efficiency, renewable energy, water efficiency, and related work.
- Manage programs that provide coaching and project pipeline opportunities for contractors and workforce participants.
- Coach contractors on the development of their businesses in the clean energy space, including sharing direct feedback on performance and connecting to resources to support their development.
- Develop and manage partnerships with community-based organizations and business service providers.
- Inform program stakeholders on the needs and opportunities of MWESB/SDVOSB/VOSB contractors.
- Develop relationships with large and medium-sized firms to identify project pipeline opportunities and connect contractors and workforce participants to them.
- Coordinate with internal Elevate staff on project opportunities to further develop a pipeline of diverse contractors.
- Support the development of new programs and projects.
- Travel statewide for key meeting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of trades training and five years of professional experience
- Workforce development and community engagement experience required
- Experience working in the construction/contracting field as a contractor or supporting contractors strongly preferred
- Three or more years project management experience required
- Experience with energy efficiency or solar programming required
- Experience engaging local community-based organizations and/or contractor associations strongly preferred
- Ability to cultivate and manage relationships
- Ability to connect contractors to project opportunities
- Certifications in related industry credentials (e.g. BPI, LEED, NABCEP) strongly preferred
- Self-starter and team player
- Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate Energy, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate Energy employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Program Manager, Contractor Development” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.