Program Manager, Workforce Training and Development
The Program Manager of Workforce Training and Development manages Elevate Energy’s portfolio of workforce programs including the Solar Jobs Training Program and Contractor Accelerator. The Program Manager ensures that all program goals are met and develops the staff working on them. The larger vision is to develop a network of partnerships and programs serving communities of color, women, and underrepresented communities in the growing clean energy economy.
The Program Manager of Workforce Training and Development reports to the Associate Director of Workforce Development.
- Ensure completion of workforce portfolio deliverables, including the following outcomes:
- Training projects at 90 to 100% completion rate, serving environmental justice communities, returning citizens, and foster care alumni
- Placement of trainees into jobs at 80%
- Revenue increases due to energy projects for contractors of color and women-owned businesses
- Diversity spend targets of 20% or higher
- Oversee Elevate Energy’s growing portfolio of workforce development programs including the Contractor Accelerator and Solar Jobs Training Program
- Ensure the successful completion of project deliverables and that they meet or exceed funder expectations
- Manage budgets, including forecasting, invoicing, etc.
- Manage stakeholder and partner relationships, including contract negotiations and terms
- Support departmental growth by writing proposals, developing strategic partnerships, and assisting with strategic planning
- Oversee the implementation of ongoing program improvements and customer experience, adjusting as needed to meet customer and stakeholder needs
- Manage a growing team implementing workforce programs throughout the state
- Conduct outreach to potential employers, partners, and stakeholders
- Support fundraising efforts
- Support strategic planning for the department
- Learn and stay abreast of current energy policies, programs, and trends and their impact on the workforce
- Perform other duties as required in assistance to and in cooperation with other Elevate Energy staff
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in energy and/or environmental sciences
- Previous experience with workforce training and development
- Experience implementing energy efficiency and/or solar programs strongly preferred
- Minimum four years of experience managing a team and budget
- Proficiency in engaging diverse audiences (e.g., community, utility, government, internal stakeholders)
- Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred
- Exceptional organizational and management skills
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address real-world customer issues based on program guidelines and desired outcomes
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
This is an exempt position.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate Energy, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate Energy employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Program Manager, Workforce Training and Development” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.