Project Coordinator, Energy Efficiency
The Project Coordinator is a unique and important role on the Technical Services Team, which implements large multifamily residential and nonprofit energy efficiency programs primarily in the Chicago region. This role is responsible for managing building owner relationships, guiding building owners through utility and other efficiency programs, and tracking project progress to achieve successful implementation of energy efficiency retrofits. This includes customer intake and building relationships, processing incentives and/or grants, and providing project oversight and portfolio management. This role will work closely with the Engineering and Construction Teams. Additionally, this position will assist with business development, driving production, and tracking key metrics related to quality and customer experience. An ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for sustainability and ensuring energy efficiency resources reach communities that need them most.
The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Energy Efficiency Program Delivery Manager and collaborates across the Technical Services and Engineering Teams.
Program Delivery and Production
- Work with new and existing building owners and contractors and develop opportunities to contribute to pipeline development
- Work closely with Energy Specialists and Engineers to deliver recommendations from energy efficiency assessments performed by the Engineering Team
- Facilitate meetings with large portfolio owners to understand their energy efficiency opportunities and priorities
- Understand available financial and program offerings from utilities and funders for building owners
- Work with program managers to evaluate and improve workflow processes in delivering energy efficiency services
- Coordinate with the New Markets Initiatives Team on serving local Illinois-based portfolios
- Coordinate with the Outreach team on tasks related to customer engagement, project pipeline development, and building owner/portfolio management
- Manage relationships with affordable housing organizations and community developers
- Network in the housing community to foster relationships and partnerships to support Elevate Energy’s mission and program goals
- Knowledge of affordable housing policies and trends to position Elevate Energy for success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two to five years of experience performing energy assessments; managing projects, construction, or accounts; or directly serving multiple customer types
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable reviewing and/or managing data
- Customer service experience and negotiation skills
- Ability to drive projects to completion and communicate multiple program offerings and requirements clearly to customers
- Familiarity with business development strategies and Salesforce or a customer relationship management system
- Good judgement in managing challenging client relationships and confidentiality
- Capacity to manage a high volume of customers and tasks and manage time appropriately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Seek to increase quality of service and data management
- Work well independently and as part of a team
This is an exempt position.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate Energy, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate Energy employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Project Coordinator, Energy Efficiency” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.