Energy Efficiency Project Coordinator
The Project Coordinator is a unique and important role on the Technical Services team which implements large residential and nonprofit energy efficiency programs primarily in the Chicago region. This role is responsible for managing building owner relationships, guiding building owners through utility and other efficiency programs, and tracking project progress to achieve successful implementation of energy efficiency retrofits. This includes customer intake and relationship building, processing incentives and/or grants, project oversight, and portfolio management. An ideal candidate for this position will demonstrate a passion for sustainability and ensuring energy efficiency resources reach communities that need them most.
This role will work closely with energy specialists, engineers, and construction specialists. Additionally, this position will assist in business development, driving production, and tracking key metrics related to quality and customer service. The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Senior Manager of Assessment Services and collaborates across the Technical Services and Engineering teams.
Program Delivery and Production
- Work with new and existing building owners and contractors and develop opportunities to contribute to pipeline development
- Work closely with energy specialists and engineers to deliver recommendations from energy efficiency assessments performed by Technical Services team
- Facilitate meetings with large portfolio owners to understand their energy efficiency opportunities and priorities
- Understand available financial and program offerings from utilities and funders for building owners
- Work with program managers to evaluate and improve workflow processes in delivering energy efficiency services
- Coordinate with Elevate Energy’s New Markets Initiatives team on serving local Illinois-based portfolios
- Coordinate with Elevate Energy’s Outreach team on tasks related to customer engagement, project pipeline development, and building owner/portfolio management
- Manage relationships with affordable housing organizations and community developers
- Network in the housing community to foster relationships and partnerships to support Elevate Energy’s mission and program goals
- Stay educated on affordable housing policies and trends to position Elevate Energy for success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two to five years of experience of any combination of the following relevant work:
- Experience performing energy assessments
- Experience in project, construction, or account management
- Experience directly serving multiple customer types
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with reviewing and managing data
- Customer service experience and negotiation skills; ability to drive projects to completion
- Ability to understand and communicate multiple program offerings and requirements clearly to customers
- Desire to increase quality of service and customer satisfaction
- Familiarity with business development strategies
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a customer relationship management system
- Good judgement in managing challenging client relations and clients’ confidentiality
- Capacity to manage a high volume of customers and tasks and manage time appropriately
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Work well independently and as part of a team
We design and implement programs that lower costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit your application through Indeed.