Senior Energy Specialist
The Senior Energy Specialist will work on the Engineering team conducting energy assessments for a variety of Elevate Energy programs. The Specialist will be responsible for the identification and technical analysis of energy savings opportunities for a wide range of buildings from commercial nonprofit and multifamily buildings to public buildings. General duties include conducting energy assessments, determining energy efficiency improvement areas, conducting measurements, developing scope of work, performing data analysis, and producing assessment reports for clients. The Specialist will be responsible for other duties that support the Engineering and Technical Services teams to meet annual energy efficiency retrofit goals.
The Senior Energy Specialist will interface directly with building owners, maintenance staff, contractors, and property managers in the field, and will coordinate very closely with the internal Technical Services team. The position is based in the Chicago region.
Energy auditing (in-field) experience is required. Prior building science or construction knowledge is required. Highly motivated individuals who meet the basic requirements below will be given consideration.
The Senior Energy Specialist reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Perform energy and water assessments of commercial, multifamily, and/or public buildings
- Identify energy- and water-savings opportunities
- Gather and process field data using a Salesforce-based data collection process
- Produce energy assessment reports according to program guidelines
- Support Project Leads who will drive projects to completion (develop scopes of work, proposals, and utility incentive estimates)
Qualifications and Skills
- Three or more years of experience conducting energy assessments and/or site inspections
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in building science, engineering, construction management, and/or energy management
- Knowledge of residential and commercial construction and building systems
- BPI Building Analyst, Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), or Building Energy Assessment Professional (BEAP) certifications are strongly preferred
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software (e.g., Salesforce) is preferred
- Experience working with utility energy efficiency programs is a plus
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address real-world customer issues based on pre-defined program guidelines
- Must be able to pick up new concepts quickly, take initiative in addressing unforeseen obstacles, and have the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- A demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the Chicago region
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficient in energy modeling software (e.g., Energy Plus, eQuest, or Trane Trace); ability to build and calibrate energy models of new and existing buildings a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Senior Energy Specialist” to find the position listing.
No phone calls please.