Senior Project Manager, Development Services
Elevate Energy seeks candidates for the position of Senior Project Manager of Development Services in Chicago, Illinois to provide our breadth of energy efficiency pre-development and development services to affordable multifamily housing owners pursuing moderate to substantial rehabs and new construction in the Midwest region. Duties include working directly with property owners and real estate development teams to improve the performance, occupant health, and durability of multifamily buildings.
As this work grows, the Senior Project Manager will oversee all pre-development and development services projects across all markets and will also manage and mentor a team of Project Managers and/or Assistant Project Managers. The Senior Project Manager is expected to collaborate extensively with Elevate Energy staff in all offices and with our partner New Ecology, Inc. as it relates to business development, technical work scopes, and client deliverables.
The Senior Project Manager of Development Services will report directly to the Director of New Market Initiatives. The Senior Project Manager will also support Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers across Elevate Energy’s offices in the execution of the above-mentioned activities, mentoring and training them around successful project management and providing quality control of their work related to process and deliverables. The Senior Project Manager is expected to travel as needed to enable Elevate Energy to meet client deliverable expectations and develop business.
The Senior Project Manager’s duties include, but are not limited to, green building project execution, mentorship and management of project managers, and business development. The Senior Project Manager will manage green building projects from pre-design through construction to operations optimization, which could include retrofit-type projects. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for client relations, internal and external team member coordination and communication, schedules and budgets, oversight of technical resources, and delivery of work products. The Senior Project Manager will be the primary client contact on individual projects and will be responsible for developing and delivering work products. The position will also require a working knowledge of local utility programs and incentives and federal and state housing funding energy- and water-efficiency requirements.
Specific tasks may include:
- Leading design meetings to identify and target cost-effective strategies
- Attending project meetings and leading discussions on relevant sustainability issues
- Developing energy efficiency and renewable energy strategies for new construction, renovation, and retrofit projects
- Reviewing technical documents such as building plans, specifications, and submittals to ensure that green design intent and certification requirements are incorporated and that green features are buildable
- Educating team members on and facilitating, documenting, and tracking compliance with green building rating systems, such as LEED, Enterprise Green Communities, and ENERGY STAR®
- Performing construction management responsibilities, including inspections, to ensure that projects are built as designed, that program requirements are met, and that problems are identified and resolved to the owner’s satisfaction
- Conducting post-occupancy evaluations of projects to ensure they perform as intended
- Securing grants and rebates for clients, including writing proposals, working with utility representatives, and filing rebate forms
- Representing clients before government agencies in permitting and compliance discussions
- Mentoring and managing a team of Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers
- Providing QA/QC oversight and review of project deliverables produced by Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers
- Writing reports and case studies
- Maintaining relationships with clients and developing new and recurring client business and writing contracts
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and a team player. The candidate must have a technical knowledge of building systems and operations; green building approaches and best practices; and experience in project management, coordination, and implementation. A strong desire to work on energy efficiency and sustainability issues at the building level is required. The candidate should also possess strong customer communication skills.
The successful candidate will have:
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience
- LEED accreditation and extensive experience in certifying green building projects; PE, CEM, and/or BPI certification a plus
- Technical, architectural, and mechanical competency; knowledge of building science and green building practices/technologies; experience with the implementation of energy efficiency improvements is required
- Working knowledge and experience managing LEED and/or Enterprise Green Community certification projects
- Ability to effectively demonstrate and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Research experience in a related field
- Strong Excel and Word skills
- Experience in and knowledge of HVAC systems and building codes
- Experience in and knowledgeable of multifamily buildings/building systems
- Construction management and field inspection abilities
- A valid driver’s license
This is an exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Senior Project Manager Development Services” to find the position listing.
No phone calls please.