Senior Software Developer
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for creating and supporting software that enables Elevate Energy’s programs and staff. The Senior Software Developer provides senior software development, builds complex and secure applications, manages multiple projects simultaneously, and works independently or with teams to resolve technology and data service issues. The Senior Software Developer works across program areas and reports to the Manager, Software Development. The Senior Software Developer will interact with and report to specific program and project managers owning specific functional areas as needed.
- Design and implement technology solutions that enable Elevate Energy’s programs through improved data access, manipulation, and management.
- Create and maintain websites through CMS, plugins, and server software configurations.
- Develop and deploy software using development and production environments.
- Ensure the security of Elevate Energy’s customer, client, and internal data by adhering to and implementing software security protocols, information security, and data confidentiality best practices.
- Document technical requirements, data management standards, and software developed.
- Assist Elevate Energy program staff with technical and other support as requested to complete deliverables, improve efficiency, and inform business unit decision making.
- Work independently to build and test complex software development based on customer requirements.
- Support other software development staff with completing tasks and building skills when needed.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions and issues and represent Elevate Energy in a professional manner.
- Provide a high level of support for Elevate Energy’s programs, including occasional weekend and evening time as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Three to five years of experience with the following skills:
- LAMP stack development
- Java Servlets
- Online Mapping/GIS rendering (Google Maps API, Mapbox, ArcGIS, ArcMap)
- Performance testing
- Cross-browser and cross-device testing
- WordPress CMS and plugin development
- REST API Integration
- Security Best Practices (OWASP)
- Experience with the following technical skills preferred:
- Apache virtual host configuration (SSL, reverse proxy, load balancing)
- Database connections and Queries, using raw SQL and ORM libraries
- Distribution and Deployment tools (Git, Bitbucket, Pipelines, JIRA)
- Text and Binary file reading and writing (text, unicode text, CSV, Excel, PDF)
- Microsoft Azure web applications and servers
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, and ability to communicate technical solutions and issues to a wide range of stakeholders
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate Energy, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate Energy employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Software Development Specialist” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate Energy will only contact candidates via an elevateenergy.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.