Solar Project Manager – Vendor Management
The Illinois Solar for All Program (ILSFA), directed by the Illinois Power Agency and administered by Elevate Energy, aims to deliver the benefits of solar and the clean energy economy to low-income and environmental justice communities across Illinois. The Solar Project Manager will facilitate the vetting, support, and ongoing performance management of ILSFA Approved Vendors who develop and install qualified projects for the program. In this role, the Solar Project Manager will work across internal and external functional teams to manage project application and approvals, including verification of program requirements and quality assurance for solar photovoltaic installations. This position requires excellent skills for managing time and priorities, complex data, technical solar installation processes, and vendor relationship management.
The Solar Project Manager will report to a member of management within the ILSFA team. The Solar Project Manager may support and take direction from other managers and functional teams conducting work related to the ILSFA program.
- Provide ongoing, expert, one-on-one support to assigned vendors to ensure ILSFA processes are understood and adhered to, that technical requirements are met, and that key risks unique to ILSFA and the communities served are mitigated through appropriate resources, tools, and training
- Provide ongoing performance management for assigned vendors, managing vendor status, deliverables, quality, and remediation according to established protocols
- Ensure all solar installations for assigned vendors meet ILSFA, state, local, and utility technical and legal requirements
- Ensure all solar installations meet ILSFA Quality Assurance requirements and adhere to onsite and/or offsite installation inspection protocols
- Work to coordinate vendor registration and project approvals with the Illinois Adjustable Block Program administrator, including facilitating data sharing according to established protocols
- Work with internal and external functional teams to facilitate the collection and verification of job training data, ensuring assigned vendors meet program job training requirements within and across projects
- Work with internal and external functional teams to facilitate the collection and verification of income and eligibility data, ensuring assigned vendors meet program income verification and eligibility requirements for each project
- Provide data management oversight for all ILSFA projects and associated solar installations according to established protocols
- Support ILSFA Program and Project Manager to ensure program milestones and deliverables are met
- Manage communications with vendors, as well as ILSFA website content relevant to Approved Vendors
- Coordinate with ILSFA Project Manager and Call Center to support technical assistance requests for program participants
- Support ILSFA Project Manager in the ongoing development and maintenance of ILSFA Program Manual, operational protocols, and SOPs
- Find opportunities to gain and maintain expertise in current solar PV technical processes, installation, and equipment
- Develop technical skills related to the design of solar and community solar systems, financial models, and business models to allow an increased level of technical assistance to program stakeholders
- Contribute to other ILSFA program efforts as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; additional education or experience in solar development preferred, including NABCEP certification or solar PV installation training experience
- Working knowledge of solar design tools such as Helioscope, System Advisor Model, Aurora, or similar is helpful but not required
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address team issues and willingness to be a flexible team player adapting to priorities as needed
- A demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
We design and implement programs that lower costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
Elevate Energy is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume to .
No phone calls please.