- Community & Shared Solar: the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy website on federal initiatives supporting community solar.
- Community Power Network: includes a map of shared solar energy projects, resources to help plan a project, and more opportunities for action.
- Community Solar Hub: includes a map of projects, resources, and the tools to help you plan your own community solar project.
- The Database of State Incentives for Renewables & Efficiency: provides details on state and federal renewable energy policies and incentives.
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council (IREC): IREC has developed and promoted shared program model rules and is a leading group in ensuring that shared renewables become more prevalent in the U.S.
- Shared Renewables HQ: a project of Vote Solar, the central information center for shared renewable energy projects and policy across the U.S.
- SolarGardens.org: provides resources for community solar projects.
- Glossary of Solar Technical Terms: from the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Vote Solar is a leader in making solar energy resources mainstream, and a large part of their campaign is community solar.
- Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) webpage on shared renewables.
Reports & Papers
- A Guide to Community Shared Solar, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2012: This guide is a resource for those who want to develop community shared solar projects, from community organizers or solar energy advocates to government officials or utility managers.
- Utility Community Solar Handbook, Solar Electric Power Association, 2013: provides the utility’s perspective on utility managed community solar program development.
- Community Shared Solar, Policy and Regulatory Considerations, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, 2014: NREL’s guide to policy and regulatory considerations.
- Incorporating Demand Response Into Community Solar Programs, Community Solar Value Project, 2016: a guide for utility-driven community solar program design.