Sustainability Education for Real Estate Professionals
Seventy nine percent of consumers say they would pay more for a home with affordable, predictable energy bills. There are millions of homes in the United States with high-performing features that reduce energy costs; however, buyers are unlikely to pay for features they don’t understand or don’t know exist in a home. Additionally, consumers that would like to make their homes more sustainable and energy efficient are often overwhelmed and confused about how to move forward.
Real estate agents who can help their clients navigate the world of solar and energy efficient homes will have a market edge.
Elevate Energy can help. We offer a certified instructor who teaches continuing education courses for real estate agents looking to learn about energy efficient and solar homes and gain the skills needed to market these special homes.
I constantly strive to go above and beyond for my clients. What I learned about energy efficiency and resiliency supports me in doing that in a new way. These topics can be obtuse – Pamela made them easy to understand and interesting.
Apara Leekha, Property Economics, Inc
Solar for Real Estate Agents
There are over 2 million residential solar installations in the US. As more homes with solar panels come onto the real estate market, buyers and sellers will look for agents who are familiar with this new technology and know how to properly value their systems in the real estate transaction.
After completing this three-hour course, agents will be able to:
- Help clients determine the market value of a home with a solar installation.
- Help homebuyers find the right questions to ask before buying a home with solar.
- Differentiate themselves by serving as the source of information on solar in their market.
Across the country, the real estate market for high-performing, energy efficient homes is booming. When marketed correctly these homes consistently sell more quickly and for more money than similar homes that are not considered high-performing.
Real estate professionals who take this course will be able to:
- Help clients properly market the value of their high-performing home to ensure they receive a fair price at the time of sale.
- Help buyers understand the benefits of high-performance features.
- Differentiate themselves from peers by serving as a source of information on this topic, including programs that exist in their local market that clients can take advantage of.
Watch the promo video to learn more.
National Association of REALTORS® Green Designation
NAR’s Green Designation provides advanced training in green building and sustainable business practices so that agents can seek out, understand, and market properties with green features.
Through this two-day program, real estate agents will gain an understanding of:
- Buyers’ and sellers’ changing expectations about energy and home performance.
- How properties with green features can sell for more.
- How to market the benefits of high performing features and smart home technology.
Elevate Energy’s course instructor will:
- Customize each course with state- and area-specific content to ensure the information and resources provided are relevant to the agents in the class.
- Provide 20 hours of ongoing support for up to one year by email or phone as requested by graduates.
For more information, contact .