LED street lights have many benefits for communities including increased safety, light pollution and energy reduction, and long-term cost-effectiveness. In some instances, the conversion to LED street lights can be challenging, particularly when the look and feel of a neighborhood are unexpectedly impacted. This is sometimes complicated by a mixed ownership structure where some of the street lights are owned by the utility and some are owned by the municipality.
- Providing street lighting inventories
- Assisting with the selection of appropriate upgrades
- Managing energy efficiency incentives
- Quantifying the environmental benefits
- Conducting stakeholder outreach and education
- Working closely with key stakeholders to create an inclusive community engagement process