Energy Efficiency Loans
Illinois homeowners can apply for a DoubleGreen loan to finance a variety of energy-saving upgrades. DoubleGreen loans are offered by Elevate in partnership with Capital Good Fund, a community-based nonprofit lender.
- Wall and attic insulation
- Window replacement
- Air sealing
- Boiler repair and replacement
- LED lighting upgrades
- Water-efficient showerheads, aerators, and toilets
- Solar electric systems
- Click here for a full list of eligible measures
Designed to serve the needs of homeowners with less-than-perfect credit, DoubleGreen loans can be paid back in monthly installments over two to seven-years (depending loan amount). And because the interest rate is just 7.99%, the loan is extremely affordable.
Energy Efficiency Loan Benefits
The DoubleGreen Loan Program has no application or closing fees, and no minimum or maximum income or credit score requirement. The loans are unsecured, meaning your property or assets aren’t used as collateral. Loan decisions are made within 48 business hours and each loan is funded quickly. Loan repayments are also reported to the credit bureaus, which helps your FICO credit score when loan payments are made on time.
- Apply at CapitalGoodFund.org
- Submit your required documentation
- Sign your loan agreements
- Enjoy a healthier, safer, more efficient home!
What Do I Need to Apply?
- Have a bank account
- Reside in Illinois
- Have an income
- Be a homeowner and be current on your mortgage
You will need the following documents after you submit your application:
- Two months' bank account statements (3 months' if you are applying for $2,000 or more)
- Loan Authorization Form (contact Adam Goldstein at 312-283-5938)
- Copy of government-issued ID
- Voided check or prepaid card
- Additional documents may be requested after you apply
After you apply, contact one of our participating contractors for a quote:
|Contractor||Contact Name||Services Offered|
|Arcos Environmental Services||Air Conditioning, Air Sealing, Boiler Repair, Forced Air, Energy Audits, Insulation, Lead Abatement|
|Building Energy Experts||Air Sealing, Insulation, Energy Audits, Window Repair and Replacement|
|Energy 360 Solutions||Air Sealing, Pipe Insulation, Energy Audits, Insulation, Window Repair and Replacement|
|Nick and Eddie Construction||Air Sealing, Boiler Repair, Forced Air, Energy Audits, Insulation|